The inability to login to your PEC mailbox is often due to the lack, on your devices and services, of the minimum requirements necessary for the management of certified e-mail.
To manage your official communication you need a PEC service but also devices compliant with specific standards.
You must use up-to-date versions of the operating system, browsers and email clients. Especially following the adoption of the TLS 1.2 security protocol by many providers, offering PEC services.
Here is a short list of the operating systems, browsers and clients that guarantee a regular use of the PEC:
Operating systems/Main Browsers (included minimum supported version, if required):
- Android (4.4.2) | All browsers
- Apple iOS | All browsers
- Windows Phone (8.1) | Internet Explorer (11)
- OSX (10.9) | Safari (7.x), Chrome (34.x), Firefox (29.x)
- Windows XP (SP3) | Chrome (49.x), Firefox (49.x)
- Windows 7 | Chrome (30.x), Firefox (31.3.0 ESR/45.x), Internet Explorer (11), Opera (17.x)
- Windows 8.0 | Firefox (27)
- Windows 8.1 | Internet Explorer (11)
- Windows 10 | All browsers
Main email clients/Operating systems (including minimum supported version, if required):
- Mail | iOS (11.x)
- Mail | Android (5.x)
- Apple Mail | OSX (10.12 Sierra)
- Outlook (2003) | All operating systems
- Outlook 2011 (2011) | MAC OSX (Only on 10.11 – 10.13 versions)
- Thunderbird (45.6) | All operating systems
If you cannot login to your PEC because you forgot or lost your password you can reset it clicking on this link