The availability and security of data is essential for companies. Acronis provides you with a professional solution to save your data in full security in all devices or machines, protecting your business continuity.
Acronis protects even great amounts of data, according to your infrastructure changes and includes backup scheduling with no impact on current services. In addition to that you can choose the backup schedule and retention. The backup is automatic and the installation extremely easy both for beginners and professionals.
Here is a short guide on how to install the Acronis backup agent to backup a machine or a device with Linux operating system, after you received all the credentials to login:
- Click on the link provided after purchasing your order
- Type name and surname to login
- As you are in your dashboard, select "Manage service" and then "Add" up on the right
- Select, in the server section, the version you wish to download, in this case Linux, and wait for the end of the download
- Log as ROOT in your Linux machine and look for the downloaded file
- Apply all the execution permissions to the file with the following command
#chmod 755 Backup_Agent_For_Linux_x86_64.bin
WARNING! For Debian/Ubuntu you need to install some missing packages:
#apt install alien linux-headers- $(uname -r) -y
- Start the file with the command
The installation program will start.
- Select "Acronis Backup Agent for Linux" and continue
- Wait for the installation process to end. If the installation fails, you may provide Acronis with other additional packages. It will be displayed as in the image below. Proceed as it follows:
-Select "Continue" to try to install the missing packages automatically
-If the automatic procedure fails you must exit the installation tool, update packages manually and then reboot the machine.
-Try the installation tool again to continue
- At the end of the installation, register your machine
- As the installation was launched from a console and it's not possible to use the interactive registration for the machine, select "View registration informations" and take note of the code and registration link
- From another machine, access to the registration link
- Login using Acronis Cloud credentials
- Select "Add" and then "Registration with code"
- Type the previous registration code
- Confirm registration
You'll see in both machines the successful registration of the machine.