A TrueBusiness Certificate with EV (Extended Validation) provides you with a higher level of security for your business online. You can check if this certificate is activated in a specific website if you can see a lock icon next to the company name in a green search bar.
This "advanced" certificate requires a more complex activation and validation process than a basic certificate. A TrueBusiness Certificate requires the applicant company to be registered in the business register of its home country and that the operation is validated in two steps: first with an e-mail, containing an unique code, and then with a phone call by the Certificate Authority (in this case GeoTrust) requiring the unique code which has been previously released. The certificate will be released in 72 hours after the validation procedure is over.
You can request your certificate in a few steps:
- Make sure that the domain header and the company requesting the certificate are the same;
- Register your company and its official telephone number in one of the following websites: www.paginegialle.it it.kompass.com www.infobel.com/en/italy www.paginemail.it
- Create postmaster@ and CSR mail in the hosting. The operation will be processed by Keliweb;
- Validate postamaster@ mail. The operation will be processed by Keliweb;
- Communicate your file number to the Certificate Authority;
- Install the SSL Certificate in your hosting. The operation will be processed by Keliweb if you own a Keliweb hosting;
- Activate HTTPS pages In your website. To process the operation please check our dedicated guide.