To set the mod_rewrite using cPanel you have to follow a few steps:
- Log-in to your cPanel control panel;
- Click on the "File Manager" icon and choose the "Public_html" folder;
- Select "Show hidden documents" that will allow you to access the .htaccess file;
- Click on "Continue", to access the files' section;
- If the .htaccess is already existing, click on the file name and select "Edit file with Code Editor". If the .htaccess file is not existing, you have to create it by clicking on "Create new file" and typing .htaccess in the box above;
- Click on "Confirm";
- Click on "RewriteEngine On" to enable the mod_rewrite;
- Click on "Save changes" to complete the operation.
We remind you that the mod_rewrite is useful to enable Wordpress permalink, to process total or partial 301 redirect and many more.